The Liebster Award 2019 | 2nd Nomination
Thank you Stuart for the nomination. I am very honored. https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/6108088
HERE ARE THE RULES:
Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award.
Answer 11 questions that the blogger gave you.
Give 11 random thoughts about yourself.
Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of their nominations.
Ask your nominees 11 questions.
Here are the questions posed by Stuart:
1. Why, as Christians, do we not stand up more to the evils in this world?
I think people have become so desensitized to all the bad. Everything going on in the world is right in front of us every single day. It’s always there. So unless it is happening right in front of them in real time they turn away. Sometimes, I think people think, “what can I do about it?”
2. Why is that we as people in general look down on the homeless, when in fact most of us could be one choice away from being in their shoes?
I think one reason is due to con-artists. There are, unfortunately a lot of people out there using “homelessness” to attain money when in fact they are living better than most people that are giving them money.
Second-people turn away because they do not want to see this. Some know fully Well, that it could be them and it is too real to acknowledge.
3. What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
John 1:5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
Why-good triumphs over evil. Light over dark.
4. What do you do when you are working on a post and just hit a freaking wall and nothing you write seems like the right words?
I save it in draft mode and go back to it at a later time.
5. What are your top 2 posts you have written, whether it be in your opinion or based on stats?
My favorite posts I have written- Hunter or Prey. It was my first “tell the story” challenge. I am very happy with how it turned out.
Ones where I have opened up a bit about myself. I hate doing that. It is not my nature. I do not trust human beings. Sorry but just speaking the truth. I feel like most people have an agenda.
6. What part of the world do you live in? Midwest US
7. Do you feel you are doing enough for the Lord at this point in your life? I do not really know how to answer this. I am more spiritual. I do not attend church. I know the bible. I grew up in church. I believe in God and I have a good heart and I will help others without seeking acknowledgment of doing so.
8. What is your favorite childhood memory? Breathing in fresh air while running around playing outside. It was a feeling as a kid I did not appreciate in those moments.
9. What would you like to be remembered for? That no matter what life threw at me, I was up for the fight.
10. What or who inspires you to be the best you can be in life? My parents
11. How many children do you have? One and she is a grown woman now.
To those I have chosen to participate please do not feel obligated to. I know how busy life can get. Just know that I appreciate you and your blog!
Here are 11 random things about me…
- I have zero tattoos. I have considered getting one. But I have other things that my money needs to go towards. Plus I would get one and then wish I had gotten something else. So I just don’t.
- Favorite wildlife animals-tigers, bears and rhinos
- I have one child and she is a grown woman now.
- I have a kind heart but learning that you cannot always lead with the heart.
- If you stripped all my hair color off, my hair is almost completely white.
- I love scary movies.
- I hate beef liver. Gross!!!!!!!! I am prone to anemia and my Mom would make me eat beef liver to help.
- My favorite candy bar is Mars bar. We cannot get them anymore in the US. Not for years now.
- I love going for walks. It is one of the best feelings when done. It is amazing how therapeutic a walk can be.
- I see a pain doctor and chiropractor regularly.
- I am a pretty easy going person, mostly.
Now for my nominees 11 questions:
- Tell me an event that changed your life.
- Favorite color?
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
- Tell me your favorite post that you wrote on your blog?
- What can bring a smile to your face daily?
- What movie scared you as a child?
- Favorite game? Board, online, gaming system.
- How did you pick your blog’s name?
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13 year old self?
- If you had to give up one which do you think you could live without? Cell phone, television, computer
- What is your guiltiest pleasure?
So many are worthy of this award. It’s always tough just picking said amount…but here we go….